aarigrande: marinills27: cockholmsyndrome: this is cultural...



aarigrande:

marinills27:

cockholmsyndrome:

this is cultural appropriation and all the uglies going on anon and saying this isn’t cultural appropriation, stay dumb and obnoxious as fuck because I know for a fact ya’ll worthless ass anons don’t know anything.

Sorry to inform you, but the use of henna is not cultural appropriation. I am middle eastern and my family, Christian, Muslim, everyone, occasionally decorate themselves with henna for specifically decorative purposes. The Origin of henna thousands of years ago was to cool the skin, and once people realized it left a mark, they started using it to leave decorative patterns on themselves. It was also a substitute for women who couldn’t afford jewelry and also grew so popular that it began being used for events like weddings or birthdays. It spread throughout the Middle East, India, and even some parts of North Africa. It has absolutely no religious meaning (in Christianity or Islam at least, I’m not sure about the Hindu faith but I do know henna decoration was around for different reasons before that). I as a middle eastern who loves henna decorating, am not at all offended by other cultures experimenting with it and neither is my family. Most of the claims of cultural appropriation are outrageous and kind of annoying. If it’s something that is deeply rooted in a faith then, I can kind of understand, or if someone is mocking or talking down to the culture they are appropriating, that too, but henna has been shared all across the world and all the people I’ve seen who give others henna tattoos are happy to do so. Like seriously, you won’t believe all the middle eastern/ Indian woman I’ve seen who were more than happy to give henna tattoos to people not of that culture. Anyways, not trying to sound sassy or annoying but I just wanted to kindly inform you on henna and to never convict someone of cultural appropriation unless you have facts and a solid reason too. Hope this helps.

^YALL NEED TO READ THIS!!!!!

I love when people who acutely know what they are talking about telling people who has no idea what they are talking about off

Related post



SHARE

vivian

  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comentários:

Postar um comentário

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...