asylum-art-2: Chad Wys : Colorful Blurs of Digital &...





















asylum-art-2:

Chad Wys : Colorful Blurs of Digital & Analog

Chad Wys is all about tricks of the eye that then tickle the mind. Whether by splotching paint on fine porcelains or enhancing vintage reproductions with pixel paint, his works live within a blurred space between the digital and the analog, via additions that also subtract — or subtractions that also add.

“Increasingly, I’ve begun to disregard the boundaries between the analog and the digital, between the physical world and the Internet,” says Wys. “I mean, quite literally there are differences and boundaries that separate the Web from the physical space where I do much of my analog work, but intellectually and philosophically, I think the two realms overlap more they distinguish themselves from one another, particularly where the conceptual content of my work, my process, and my methodologies are concerned.”

Source:redefinemag 

Related post



SHARE

vivian

  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comentários:

Postar um comentário

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...