After enjoying wearwhatyouwatch’s Five Fandom Friday posts, I’ve...











After enjoying wearwhatyouwatch’s Five Fandom Friday posts, I’ve decided to join myself! So here is my first Five Fandom Friday contribution: Five Favorite Aliens (in no particular order).

1. The Xenomorphs from the Alien franchise.
This seems like such an obvious choice to me. I grew up on these movies–my mother once “ungrounded” me for the duration of Alien Resurrection once because it was the last weekend it was in theaters and she didn’t want to see it without me.

2. The Black Oil from the X Files.
While we’re on the subject of my childhood, the X Files episodes with the Black Oil were some of the creepiest to me growing up. When I think about the scarier storylines of the X Files from my childhood, the Black Oil episodes always stand out to me (along with the Eugene Victor Tooms episodes, yeesh). Technically, the Black Oil is an alien virus, so I’m not sure if it counts. I’m including it anyway.

3. The aliens from They Live.
They Live is one of my favorite movies of all time (this, Night of the Comet, and now I guess Fury Road). The aliens in this are wonderful visually and I love the plot. If you haven’t seen this film already, I’m sure you’ve seen or heard references to it and will be pleasantly surprised.

4. The aliens from Attack the Block.
I’ve chosen not to feature what the aliens in this movie look like, because they are so original and I don’t think they translate as well in stills. If you haven’t seen this movie: fucking see it. John Boyega is brilliant in it and it’s just great.

5. The Thing
Yes, I have a John Carpenter thing. I love his movies so much and especially the Kurt Russell ones (I’m convinced that Roddy Piper is just a sub for him in They Live, sorry Roddy. You were great anyway!). And the dog in it looks like one of mine! The shapeshifting alien in this movie is great and I recommend seeing it if you haven’t already!

Related post



SHARE

vivian

  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comentários:

Postar um comentário

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...